Up until today, Wilkins Farago’s presence on Facebook has been in the form of a group. Some research (and a little hint from Dan Ruffino at Penguin) has led us to create a fan page.
The benefits are:
- Unlike groups, fan pages are visible to unregistered people so therefore can be found on a search
- They can host discussions
- There are better tools for keeping “fans” in touch with what we’re up to
- If we want to get commercial, there’s an interface with Facebook Ads
- We can better separate the business from our personal sites
- It allows some degree of statistical data to be gathered from the page
Ultimately we hope to build better long term relationships with the people who are interested in and love what we do.
So join us now!